Solution 1 (OK !) : java 6 version 1.8+ 64 bit early access
64 bit early access : https://jdk6.dev.java.net/6uNea.html (http://download.java.net/jdk6/index.html)
sudo sh ~/jre-6u18-ea-bin-b01-linux-amd64-20_aug_2009.bin
So you wind up with /opt/jre1.6.0_18
sudo ln -s /opt/jre1.6.0_18/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so
Tools > add-ons > Plugins > enable the plugin if not enabled
Solution 2 : icedTea (seems to not work on all sites, especially logmein)
(Install of 1.4.1 64 bit java plugin)
The easiest way to download OpenJDK and Icedtead (the plugin) is Applications > Add/Remove > Change the Show box to either “All OpenSource Applications” or “All Available Applications” (The former is also known as Universe and contains free (as in speech) applications, while the latter is also known as Multiverse and contains proprietary appliations.) > Search: Icedtea > click on the boxes next to OpenJDK and Icedtea > apply changes > apply > close.
Solution 3 ??? install java 32 (just for archive) (complete instructions : http://www.java.com/en/download/help/5000010500.xml)
- Download : http://www.java.com/en/download/linux_manual.jsp -> linux self-extracting ( jre-1_6_0_02-linux-i586.bin)
- sudo -i (to install in a system-wide location)
- cd For example, cd /usr/java/ (or /opt/java or a home subdir)
- Change the permission of the file you downloaded to be executable. Type:
chmod a+x jre-6u-linux-i586.bin
- Verify that you have permission to execute the file. Type:
- Start the installation process.Type:
This displays a binary license agreement. Read through the agreement. Press the spacebar to display the next page. At the end, enter yes to proceed with the installation.
- Java is installed into its own directory. In this example, it is installed in the /usr/java/jre1.6.0_ directory. When the installation has completed, you will see the word Done.
- Java is installed in jre1.6.0_ sub-directory under the current directory. In this case, Java is installed in the /usr/java/jre1.6.0_ directory. Verify that the jre1.6.0_ sub-directory is listed under the current directory. Type:
The installation is now complete. Skip to the Enable and Configure section.
Enable and configure